24 January 2009

Smoke screen

Just a quick little Comp test - using particle effects in AfterEffects for maximum control AND the glow on the fire also comped as a seperate layer, with the 'wiggle' expression controlling its Opacity. I think the smoke needs slowing down a bit and being a bit whispier, but for a first attempt I was quite happy.

Also lowered the daylight a bit to make the cave slightly more visible.

edit: However the more I look at it the more I think I prefered the light in the previous shot, had a lot more character. Ahh well, I'll change that back.


cave test from Rich Hallsworth on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Drew Roper said...

Smokey Robinson!

Looks cool arkid, or should i say...warm!!ayooooo!

Tom Long said...

yeah the fire looks ace, but as you said, probably needs slowing down a touch.

Adam said...

I like the shapes of the shadow in the previous image, but this one is more believable. Looking really nice though, very pro and appealing, clean/crisp aesthetic. Next stop, Blue Sky (or better)!

Keep up the good work.